Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crock Pot Wednesdays ~ Barbecue Beef Brisket on Buns

I'm joining in on an event called Crockpot Wednesdays. Looking forward to seeing all of the great recipes that get shared. Check it out HERE at Dining with Debbie



Barbecue Beef Brisket

2-3 lbs fresh beef brisket
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon celery powder
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning like Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Trim fat from brisket. If necessary, cut to fit into crock pot. Combine spices and rub evenly over meat. Place meat in a 3 1/2-5 quart crock pot.For sauce, combine catsup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and dry mustard. Pour over brisket. Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat from cooker. Cut the brisket into thin slices across the grain or shred (This is how we like it.) Serve on buns!

Note: The meat is great as leftovers served on top of a baked potato along with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, sour cream and chives.

6 comments:

Foley said...

Yum - this sounds really good. I love crock pot recipes when I have alot going on during the day..the meat gets so tender!!! I'll have to check out the other posts..

Connie said...

My family would love this!! I will definitely give it a try!!

Marsha said...

this looks and sounds great! Does it have a "cajun" kick with the spices?

I'll have to go check out crockpot wednesday - always could use new recipes!

Kathleen said...

Sounds good, Suzy!
The only thing I have ever used the crock pot for is pulled pork and stew.

Cynthia said...

Suzy, what a wonderful recipe ... liquid smoke and creole seasoning, two GREAT ingredients.

I'm trying to figure out what's on the plate ... BBQ potato chips? At first i though pork rinds ... whatever it is it, I want some. :)

SnoWhite said...

sounds good! I've never made brisket!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin