Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going Green!


Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and I'll be wearing green....even if it is a ribbon tied on (I'm not really a green person). It's such a fun holiday and I still can't resist a pinch or two when the occasion arises. My friend Kathleen, who is of Irish heritage, is holding a virtual St. Patty's Day party over at Cuisine Kathleen and of course I'm joining in. Last year I struggled finding green for a tablesetting, so I did a little green scavenger hunt. It was so much fun..I did a repeat. I went nursery hopping with my parents this past weekend and I have to say...they were full of GREEN (and gold)!


One of the nurseries we went to has so many pretty things...we had a ball...


I would have liked to have gone home with one of these pretty green and brown purses


And I could have bought these plates for wonderful St. Patrick's day look


Along with these gorgeous glasses and little bud vase


I found the perfect plate...


There were even little magical green creatures hanging around



When I saw these pots...I imagined them all filled with gold....



I thought for a second that I actually found some to fill those pots...


Maybe not gold...but a field of sunshine! The pigeons were swooping in unison around the field. They were cute, but not as cute as this little green guy


And going green seems to be a way of life for this fellow


He gave me an Irish blessing as I passed by


And told me where to find a patch of shamrocks!


Go have a look at all of the other green filled posts at Cuisine Kathleen's St. Patty's day shindig! Have a cookie for the road....



Click on the Leprechaun to head to Kathleen's and make sure to wear your Green!


I'm also joining in over at Welcome to My World's St. Patrick's Day Bloggin Carnival. Go check out all of the neat posts!

10 comments:

A Grain of Salt said...

Suzy, love, love, love your post. You found so many pretty things to show. I think your cookies turned out great.

Foley said...

Looks like you and your Mom had a great time shopping - the daffodil field is gorgeous!!!
Love the Soda Bread plate.... the cookies are the bomb!!

Kathy Walker said...

What a lovely day your had! Looks like a great shopping trip. I enjoyed reading the plaques. I really want one of the cookies!!

bj said...

ummm..I love these kind of shopping days..mostly enjoy spending time with a loved one!! :)
Happiest St. Pat's Day

Marsha said...

Suzy, what a wonderful post to celebrate the holiday! I don't think I could have walked away from that cute ruffled purse or the little green birdie - come on tell us - what did you buy?? I loved the green scavenger hunt from beginning to end - might have to try that idea some time. I really enjoyed this post.

Kathleen's probably going to send you back for that plate :)

Marigene said...

Suzy, love your green post...beautiful green glass, plates, purses, plants, even a little leprechaun...but mostly I want one of those cute shamrock cookies!

Cynthia said...

Suzy, what a fun post to read and view ... love seeing your pictures of green (and gold). But the "Got Dirt" fellow is a hoot. AND I'd love to have a handful of those cookies.

Pam said...

Love this post! Everything is gorgeous! Especially love the plates!

Kathleen said...

Suzy, I love all your greens! That plate is so pretty..and the green gasses..wow..
Thanks so much for taking part, I know how busy you are!
Sorry it took me long to get here, my guests just left, and I was cooking all day!
The cookies look delicious!

Unknown said...

Love that soda bread plate :)

Thanks for joining in the carnival.

I managed to find some shamrock-shaped soda bread in our local supermarket this week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin