Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Flashback Friday ~The New Girl No Longer and Some Scones


I'm flashing back to one year ago when I made a big change in my life. On March 1st I started a new job and haven't regretted it for a second. I miss my friends at the old job but as it turns out I've kept in touch and enjoyed lunches with them throughout the past year. I've made new friends at the new job, have a great boss and the work has been a big improvement over what I was doing before. To commemorate the occasion I made Chocolate Chip Scones for the gang at my office. That's another great thing about my current situation. They love baked goodies!

This recipe was a winner with them and with me. I have been eating them for my breakfast this week and will be sad today after it eat the last one and they are all gone!!! I want to try them with apricots and white chocolate - a favorite combination that I used to buy at the deli at my old job. The texture of these scones matches those...just need to get the add ins to match too.

Chocolate Chip Cream Scones
Found on the Food Librian's blog. She's got some great recipes! She adapted from:
Adapted from: Cream Scones from the Art and Soul of Baking (page 152).



2 cups (10 oz) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (1 3/4 oz) granulated sugar
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter (4 oz) (cold, cut into pieces)
1 cup (8 oz) heavy whipping cream (cold)
1/2 - 3/4 c miniature chocolate chips (depending on preference)

Topping
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 T sanding sugar or granulated sugar

1. Preheat over to 425 degrees
2. Mix together dry ingredients.
3. Using a pastry cutter, two knives or your fingers (I use my fingers), cut in the butter. (The book uses a food processor, but I like to make scones by hand...less to clean up!)
4. Add whipping cream and chocolate chips. Blend together quickly (I use my hands and/or a spatula). Do not overmix.
5. Shape into a round or square.
6. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar.
7. Cut into shapes. Place on parchment or Silpat covered baking sheet.
8. Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden brown and delicious. I cut my smaller and got 16 scones.

My Notes: I didn't really change a thing except I DID use my food processor and it made the whole thing a snap.

Do you have a Flashback you'd like to add? Put your link here:


I'm joining in over at Foodie Friday and Sweet Tooth Fridays.

11 comments:

Kathy Walker said...

How nice that you are able to share your treats with friends/co-workers. It is so much fun to bake and share! Since I retired I have been feeding the neighbors!

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Hey, Suzy, I can't believe it's been a year! Congrats and I am so happy for you, glad you are in a great place! They are lucky :) Great looking scones! I did a flashback but the Linky isn't coming up for me!

Marigene said...

Congrats on your year anniversary! It is always a plus when you like the job and co-workers! Delicious looking scones.
Have a great weekend, Suzy!

Kathleen said...

So glad you are happy in your new job! Makes life so much nicer!
The scones look great.
Are you going to put the March challenge up yet? I am ready! :)

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

These look wonderful. I love chocolate chip scones.

Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday!

Foley said...

The year went by so fast! Do happy you like it so much
The scones look yummy...something I will have to try sometime

Maude Lynn said...

Those look awesome!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That is amazing that it's been a year already! I'm so glad you're happy there and that they appreciate your baked goodies. Those are some beautiful scones!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, I remember you starting your new job, but it seemed like just yesterday ;o) Congratulations on one year of service! The scones are yummy looking. Lucky co-workers you have!

Anonymous said...

These look really good--I definitely need to try them out!

Pancake Recipes said...

Thanks great blog ppost

Blog Widget by LinkWithin