Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Epiphany Burgers

New Year...New Leaf. It's been a while since I've blogged and I miss it. I love using my blog as a way to catalog the things I make in my kitchen or have growing in my yard. So here we go again :-)

There's not much going on in the yard at the moment although I do see little bulbs already trying to poke their way through the dirt. Yay! So the kitchen is where its at for me right now. I got a Panasonic bread machine from my sweet hubby Randy for Christmas so I'm getting to know it and enjoying every minute!


 I've made a couple of loaves..one good..one not so great but I figure a little trial and error is to be expected. The best so far has been this homemade hamburger bun.


Its a bun I've seen around the web for awhile and has gotten rave reviews so I knew it would be a good one to try. Although it may look crusty, it wasn't. Soft on the the outside and inside just like a hamburger bun should be! Randy said it held up great..less mess, which is important to him! Give these a try..super easy with the machine.

Moomie's Beautiful Burger Buns

Ingredients
    • 1 cup water
    • 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
    • 1 eggs
    • 3 1/4 cups flour
    • 1/4 cup sugar
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 tablespoon instant yeast

Directions

  1. Place all ingredients in your bread machine following the order given in the manual for your machine. Select dough. Allow to run cycle.
  2. Dump out onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 pieces (I did this with a sharp knife). With each piece, slap into a bun shape. Usually four or five slaps will do it. Place on greased cookie sheets or your bun pans, cover; rise about 30 to 40 minutes.
  3. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes till golden. Cool on wire racks.
  4. You can add a teaspoon of onion powder and about 1/2 teaspoon dried onion to the dough in the bread machine. Suzy's note: I didn't try it this time, but I will in the future. Sounds good!
 Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and Epiphany!


Linking up with On the Menu Mondays

7 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I've been wanting to try those buns for the longest time, and have no idea what I am waiting for ;o) I'm gonna make them in 2013!

Anonymous said...

I love breadmakers when there's no access to live yeast, since I've never been able to get instant yeast to work for me. (Fortunately in Denmark you can get live yeast in every supermarket and most corner shops, so I just need a bowl to make bread, which is great since I wouldn't be able to fit a breadmaker into my kitchen.)

2 Tramps said...

These look wonderful! Will be making them here but will make them into 16 smaller buns for sliders. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

You are going to love that bread machine, Suzy! Sometimes, mine gets a long rest but it always comes out again like it did during the holidays :) I have tried making those beautiful buns - they were great!

Kathleen said...

I couldn't believe it when you came up in my sidebar! :)
I do not have a bread machine! I will wait and see if you feel it is a must have, as I don't want another once a year gadget.. I did buy myself a new Cuisinart 14 cup food proc. I beat the other to death over the years! :)

Anonymous said...

Susie- you will love your bread machine. I make a loaf of bread almost every week. I also make Moomies buns and I have a wonderful recipe for bread machine cinnamon rolls, love them;
So glad to see you are back. Linda/dahlianut

Anonymous said...

Susie- you will love your bread machine. I make a loaf of bread almost every week. I also make Moomies buns and I have a wonderful recipe for bread machine cinnamon rolls, love them;
So glad to see you are back. Linda/dahlianut

Blog Widget by LinkWithin