There's not much going on in the yard at the moment although I do see little bulbs already trying to poke their way through the dirt. Yay! So the kitchen is where its at for me right now. I got a Panasonic bread machine from my sweet hubby Randy for Christmas so I'm getting to know it and enjoying every minute!
I've made a couple of loaves..one good..one not so great but I figure a little trial and error is to be expected. The best so far has been this homemade hamburger bun.
Its a bun I've seen around the web for awhile and has gotten rave reviews so I knew it would be a good one to try. Although it may look crusty, it wasn't. Soft on the the outside and inside just like a hamburger bun should be! Randy said it held up great..less mess, which is important to him! Give these a try..super easy with the machine.
Moomie's Beautiful Burger Buns
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine following the order given in the manual for your machine. Select dough. Allow to run cycle.
- Dump out onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 pieces (I did this with a sharp knife). With each piece, slap into a bun shape. Usually four or five slaps will do it. Place on greased cookie sheets or your bun pans, cover; rise about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes till golden. Cool on wire racks.
- You can add a teaspoon of onion powder and about 1/2 teaspoon dried onion to the dough in the bread machine. Suzy's note: I didn't try it this time, but I will in the future. Sounds good!
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and Epiphany!
Linking up with On the Menu Mondays