Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Flashback Friday ~Memorial Day

In honor of Memorial Day and those who have lost their lives fighting to preserve the freedoms we enjoy, I'm flashing back to 1990 when I visited the American Cemetery at Normandy. When you see all of those pristine white crosses, it's a humbling experience and an image that stays with you forever. All of these crosses representa soldier that never made it home. And this was only a glimpse of a sea of crosses and Stars of David.


This image is another I won't forget...the mosaic that covers the ceiling of the chapel on the grounds of the cemetery.


"Thank you" doesn't seem to go far enough when the gift is a life. But I will extend a Thank You all the same and a prayer for all of those soldiers still putting themselves in harms way.



Join me with your Memorial Day memories or any other Flashback by adding your link below

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just stop all the war nonsense and just get along? History has shown that this can't happen by itself but I believe God will step in soon and take care of it.

I just posted on my blog the Almond Joy Amish Bread that you recommended giving credit to you. Thanks!

Carol said...

Great post, Suzy! The Blue Angels are flying over the beach here on Memorial Day and they practiced, very loudly, over our houses today!

Very stirring images! God bless the soldiers!

I didn't do a flashback today, but I'll join in next week!

Foley said...

Suzy, very beautiful post. I always enjoy seeing all the flags flying in our Courthouse square over Memorial Day... my grandfathers was one of them for a long time.

Cynthia said...

Lovely post, Suzy ... I truly believe that visiting military cemeteries honors those who served our country and reminds us of the sacrifice that they AND their families have made. Remarkable ceiling ...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin