Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flashback and Foodie Friday ~4th of July Revisted


With 4th of July weekend coming up, I thought I would flashback this Friday to last 4th of July. If the weather is good we go watch the fire works in Northeast Tacoma at Brown's Point lighthouse park. Its on Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains are to the west so the sunsets can be beautiful. We get there a couple of hours before dark, so we can enjoy the evening and watch the boats go by.


We bring Jigs with us and usually a little picnic


I love that they have a flag flying today and every day.


The lighthouse keeper's cottage is cute and has a pretty little garden and apple trees. Very All American!



Last year it was very sunny and the conditions just right for a phenomenon called a Sundog. See the funny rainbow spot in the sky?


The Brown's Point Lighthouse is a relatively new structure..but still pretty as the sun goes down.


Here's another of the sundog


The Olympics off in the distance


And the sun setting a little lower


And we made a little silhouette


I heard a saying recently that when the sky looks like this it means the Angels are baking cookies


And with a really red hot oven!


As sky darkens the neighborhood fireworks start going off


The finally when you think its not going to ever happen, the show starts across the water.


Keeping my fingers and my toes and my eyes crossed it won't rain on Sunday as predicted!

I thought I would share these fun chips I bought last year and my "foodie" contribution. Turnips and beets and blue potatoes.


If nothing else they are good for conversation, but they actually were pretty tasty too.


If you have a flashback of any kind please add your link below! It can be an old post, a family recipe, a favorite memory...anything goes. Then link back to me!



I'm also joining in over for Foodie Friday over at Designs by Gollum. Check it out HERE.


Join me in the fun! I'd love for you to participate in this event with me. Bring your ice cream related posts...anything goes! Tablescapes, recipes, memories, and favorite products will all be welcome. Or anything else you come up with. Check out last year's post HERE to check out what it's all about. See you at the parlor!

11 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

The ice cream social sounds fun. I'm writing it down on my calendar!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I just posted a grilled corn recipe that totally brings me back to our family picnics! The smell alone just takes me there, thanks!

Debbie said...

Your pics are wonderful! What a great setting. LOVE the ones of the sunset...looks so serene.
Happy 4th to you!
Debbie@houseatthelake

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, enjoy the celebration! Love the sunset and silhouette! What a great saying that the Angels are baking cookies :-) I have a very unique ice recipe for your ice cream social. Something I would have never made in a million years, but it got good reviews. And I am adventurous!

colorchic said...

Good Morning Suzy, I had trouble coming up with a flashback to link but I think I found something appropriate! Love the photos of the sky, it's beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July and capture many memories. Thanks for visiting Color Chic.
PS Have you ever been to Maine. While visiting, looking for that perfect little coffee stand we have here in the NW, all I could find were "Ice Cream Stands"!... To bad I didn't take photos of all of them; )!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a fantastic photo stream. You do wonderful work with the camera. I hope you are having a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for visiting. What beautiful sunset pictures and firework pictures. We are headed out for fireworks in an hour. Talk about flashbacks- I love fireworks. I remember as a child laying on a blanket in a park oohing and aaahing over each one. I still get a chill when I see them. Have a great 4th of July

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful photos! That lighthouse keeper's cottage is the cutest thing ever. It looks like Anne of Green Gables House! Have a great 4th!
Sherry

Tiffanee said...

So beautiful!! I really hope the rain stops just for you!! I wish I knew of that place sooner. It looks like the perfect place to watch the fireworks and you must not be too far from me!! Happy 4th!!

Carol said...

Love the chips, have to find them, my fave terra chips are the Mediterranean!

great shots, Suzy! Love the family pic!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Wonderful flashback and beautiful pictures, Suzy! Those sunset shots are gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin