Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flashback and Foodie Friday ~ You Are Invited!



In 1984, Ronald Reagan declared July to be Ice Cream month. As well he should! What better month to celebrate the icy treat? Have you heard I'm having a virtual Ice Cream Social in commemoration of this cool month? Well in case you hadn't, I'm using this weeks Flashback Friday as a shameless plug for my event.



Hope everyone will join me the weekend of July 17th-18th. If you feel so inclined you can add your ice cream related post featuring your favorite ice cream recipe, ice cream dessert, ice cream themed table setting, you favorite ice cream product or ice cream memory. Anything ice cream is okay by me. Check out last year's post HERE to see what it's all about. If you don't want to link a post, just come hang out and check out everyone else's ice cream goodies. Maybe someone will come up with an ice cream craft like this Sherwin Williams ad I love.



I made this awesome fresh Raspberry with Chocolate Chunks ice cream for last year's event and I thought it would be a perfect time to repeat since many of you may have ripe raspberries to use up. I think this would be great with strawberries or cherries too! Another plus for this recipe is that there's no cooking involved.



Fresh Raspberry Ice Cream (No-Cook) Adapted from a Southern Living recipe

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk

2 tablespoons sugar

1 Tbls Lemon Juice

Pinch of salt

1/2 cups whole milk

16oz Fresh berries

4 oz dark chocolate, cut into chunks

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes.

POUR mixture into freezer container of a 1 -quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)

REMOVE container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, mix in chocolate and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1½ hours.

Hope to see you at the social!

If you have a flashback of ANY kind please add your link below, then link back to me on your blog. It can be a favorite recipe, old post, last year's flowers, snow from December...whatever floats your boat.



I'm joining in this week over at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. Michael Lee has something I love featured this week....Check it out HERE.

I'd also like to join in on Favorite Things Saturday over at Bargain Hunting with Laurie since ICE CREAM is definitely one of my very very favorite things!

10 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Hi, LOVE the whole ice cream social thing! The fact that there is even an Ice Cream month is just awesome. Does that mean I can eat ice cream every day? Hmmmmm...

I just posted a squash recipe as it reminds me of the garden we had as a kid. I haven't had a REAL garden as an adult and I LOVED being able to go into the garden when I was a kid and pick veggies. Like squash!!

Marsha said...

I'm looking forward to the ice cream social! I too saw that paint ad and just thought it was the most creative thing.

The raspberry chocolate ice cream looks delicious.

Joyce said...

I am thinking what to post for your ice cream social as I did not bring my ice cream machine to the beach house with me this year. What to post? I have to think of something and soon:-) Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this year.

Foley said...

I bit the bullet and ordered an ice cream machine JUST FOR YOU!! Now I'm looking all over the internet for just the right one or two or three recipes!! LOL

The raspberry and chocolate chunk ice cream you made looks delicious...

See you at your Ice Cream social!!

Cathy said...

I'm so happy to read about your ice cream social, Suzy. I'll be joining the party for sure.

Kathleen said...

Looking forward to the social! I have to make room in the freezer for the thingee!
Have no idea what I am making, but I do have the containers I bought just to wear to your party!

Anonymous said...

I am such a huge fan of ice cream and I can't believe I don't have an ice cream maker! I am going to have to do something about this straight away!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

A 2 Z said...

Hi,

Thank you for the lovely comment. I've always wanted an ice cream machine. The ice cream social sounds like a good idea. I'm pretty far behind as I just found out today. Let me work on it.

Anne-Marie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Suzie, what a fun idea the virtual ice cream social is! I can enjoy ice cream without the calories. Your raspberry ice cream looks delicious! I'll link up for the Social. Thank you for linking this to Favorite Things Sat. Have a great weekend. laurie

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, ice cream is the best! Your looks amazing. Thanks for coming by!
Sherry

Blog Widget by LinkWithin