Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Flashback Friday ~Looking Forward to February

It's still Friday on the West Coast so still time for a Flashback! I'm going back 3 years to February of 2007 to remind myself how beautiful February can be here...and its right around the corner!

I can fill my pots with bright color



The Lenten roses come into bloom


The Primroses will be showing their pretty faces


A little early, but forcing is a good thing where daffodils are concerned!


Pink Pulmonaria makes an early show


Tiny iris look very cute


And Jigs practices posing for his annual spring portrait!


If you've got a flashback you'd like to share please add your link below.

8 comments:

Marigene said...

Suzy, you have the most beautiful flowers...and Jigs is such a cutie...we just got a few inches of that lovely white stuff that falls from the sky yesterday, spring can't get here fast enough to suit me!

Foley said...

Can't believe you will have those beautiful blooms in February!!

Maybe everything will be coming up roses for you in Feb!!!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I wish February would look like that here! It's still a month closer to spring so I won't complain. I love that planter and primroses always make me smile!

Suzy said...

Believe it or not I've got a few of these things blooming or about to bloom now! Its been warm here..even the hydrangea leaves are budding out..not really a good thing because we will still freeze again.

Carol said...

Wow, your February is very different from our February! Very pretty! Jigs is a cutie!

Cynthia said...

Suzy, Jigs is a cutie no matter what the time of year! ... It's remarkable to this midwesterner that you get those beautiful blooms in February. We might have some late March if lucky. It will probably be mid-April the way our winter has been.

They're all beautiful and jonquils have always been my favorite, but I love the lenten roses and the colors and textures of the leaves of the primroses.

Rattlebridge Farm said...

What an absolute delight to see these flowers. Each one is like a jewel box.
XX00

Marsha said...

Flashback or not you are so lucky to be able to see blossoms like that in February! I love the little primroses, (I only see them potted around here) but those dainty little iris are my favorite!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin