Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mosaic Monday ~A Sunday Stroll and Cookies

We have been enjoying beautiful weather this weekend and I've been taking full advantage! I know that winter isn't over, but it sure felt like it is the past couple of days.



You may have noticed, I've got a new garden citizen...a Valentine gift from my sweet hubby. He really doesn't look like he's planning on helping much with the gardening chores! Geaux Saints!



So, all the sunshine this weekend made me work up an appetite and I felt like baking cookies. I've had my eye on a recipe from "Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters" and decided today was the day. Nell's Wonderful Peanut Butter Cookies did not disappoint. They are the kind of cookies I should definitely not bake often, but they are worthy of making over and over again.



Nell's Wonderful Peanut Butter Cookies
From 'Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters"

1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter (I used margarine with success)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup broken salted peanuts (add 1/4 tsp salt if you use unsalted)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used more)

Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar and peanut butter. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Add sifted ingredients. Fold in peanuts and chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1/2-1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Roll dough into balls lightly flouring hands if necessary ( I didn't have a problem without flour). Place balls 2 inches apart on greased foil or silicone mat lined baking sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown (Mine went 14 mins). Cool on rack. Makes 40 cookies.

Please go take a look at all of the other mosaics at Little Red House!

15 comments:

Foley said...

So wish I had your weather!

What a cute garden gnome..and so appropriate for you!

The cookies look delicious, bet they won't last long..

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh I have to make those cookies!
Pretty mosaic... Got my attention!
~Really Rainey~

Cynthia said...

Suzy, glad that someone's having nice weather ... REALLY :) Your garden's looking good.

Great gnome, the perfect gift for a special LA girl.

Thibeault's Table said...

I love your new little garden buddy. So cute. You are right though, he doesn't look like he came to work.

Joyce said...

Love the gnome and your cookies look wonderful as well as the garden but you know me I am into the food recipes first:) Have a good week.
Joyce

g.suzie said...

Flowers and cookies two of my favorite things. . .I'm so anxious for spring flowers, can't wait! Nice pictures.

Carol said...

Suzy, love the gnome!
Fun cookbook, isn't it? Those cookies look awesome!

my home sanctuary said...

Oh how fun. We had beautiful weather on Sun. I loved the stroll through your garden. And how cute you added the cookies.
Thanks for sharing.
Sherry

GardenOfDaisies said...

those cookies look delicious! A combination of both of my son's favorites. :-) And the cute little fellow in your garden looks very happy in his new home.

Pam said...

Cute gnome! I'm so ready for spring and flowers instead of all of this snow and yet more snow.

The cookies look great! PB cookies are my favorite!

GranthamLynn said...

I loved my visit here yesterday. And, thanks for visiting me too. I wrote an update/disclaimer to my Mosaic Monday post. Come by and check it out.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry at
http://www.myhomesanctuary.blogspot.com

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What an adorable little Saint but I'm really getting spring fever here! How lucky you are to have those beautiful blooms, Suzy! Those cookies sounds delicious with the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips!

Marsha said...

Loved the saints gnome - now you can celebrate the "winners" everytime you are out in the garden!

I am so envious of your early spring - I would be happy just to see green grass and flowers in February just seems so unreal to me.

Good looking cookies too - a perfect end to a fresh air workday!

Kathleen said...

He is so cute! Perfect for you!
And the cookies are perfect for me..wrap them up and hand them over! Don't let Jigs lick them! :)
It amazes me you are starting to have flowers!

Mary said...

Oooo, love your garden pics! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin