Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Symphony



A pretty Tiarella I bought this week. Spring Symphony is a fitting name don't you think? It sure does brighten up the little spot I found for it.


Dinner was simple, quick but tasty! Spicy pork chops with cilantro cream sauce, baked sweet potato and asparagus. The sauce would make a great chip dip!!



Spicy Pork Chops
inspired by this recipe from Culinary in the Desert one of my favorite food blogs.
2 thin cut pork chops
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
1 tsp Chipotle chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbls olive oil

Dredge/rub spice mixture over both sides of porkchops. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Heat oil in skillet over med high heat. Add pork chops and cook until done (about 10 minutes total). Check doneness by making sure juices no longer flow pink.

Cilantro Cream Sauce
inspired by this recipe
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese (I used light)
1 Tbls light sour cream
1/2 of a 7.5 oz can green salsa
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
1 Tbls lemon or lime juice

Combine all in blender or food processor.

7 comments:

Marsha said...

Suzy, I have never heard of that flower. It is a beauty...looks fuzzy kind of.

The spicy pork chop sounds delicious and I am suddenly craving fresh asparagus and sweet potatoes. The blue plate highlights a colorful plate of food.

Cynthia said...

Suzy, the tiarella is very pretty and delicate ...

Great looking dinner - John loves pork chops ... baked, grilled, fried, you name it. He would love yours; and his favorite accompaniments for pork are sweet potatoes and asparagus.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'll have to look for that tiarella at the nurseries this spring! It's so pretty! It kind of reminds me of astilbe.

Your dinner looks wonderful, Suzy. I love all of those flavors.

Foley said...

Very pretty - I have never heard of that before or seen it!

Your dinner looks so good... I just can't get in the mood to cook much... do you deliver??? ;)

Kathleen said...

Ah, flowers! Can't wait!
I never heard of that one..I bought some Cranesbill, blue geranium, perens.

We had pork chops tonight too!

A Grain of Salt said...

Suzy, I saw that plant at a nursery today... I almost bought it. I think I'll have to go back now after seeing yours. Dinner looks good too!

Carol said...

Pretty plant, Suzy! I'm starting to see people planting now, it's really nice to finally see!

Dinner looks great! Never had a pork chop but I will, those look great, and I love the seasonings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin