Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Flashback Friday - A Quickie



It's been a very busy week! Kind of like a Staycation :-) My stepson and his girlfriend have been here and we have been doing the sightseeing stuff...having a great time! I almost missed the Flashback but days and weeks like this one are precisely why I have Flashback Friday! I can dig deep and come up with a post in the blink of an eye! Let's travel back to August 2007. I found this recipe online. It's supposed to be a clone of a muffin served at a Boston Department store. There are many many copies of it out there, but I will reprint it here.



Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter and cups sugar until light and smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Crush 1/2 cup blueberries with a fork, and mix into the batter. Gently fold in the remaining whole berries.

Grease 12 large muffin cups, including the surface of the tin (alternative: grease surface of tin and line tin with paper liners). Fill generously with batter. Sprinkle sugar over the tops of the muffins, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool 30 minutes before removing. Store, uncovered, because the muffins are so moist.

Yield: 12 muffins.


This is also my contribution to Foodie Friday over at Design's by Gollum. Go check out the other great Foodie posts.




Around the same time I baked these muffins I had a bunch of different marigolds blooming. Some may think they're common, but I can't go a summer without planting some of these. They are reliable and bright and pretty!












If you want to join me for the Flashback sign up below and I will link to your blog!

11 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What do you do when you can't sleep...read blogs...I'm glad I found yours...my sleepless night has proven beneficial...love your marigolds and the blueberry muffins sound so good...I just cant be cooking right now cause its way too late...

Ginger said...

I am always happy when I log on to your blog and see all the color. The muffins really look YUMMY! Have a great holiday weekend.

Linda said...

The marigolds are so colorful and the muffins sound so good. I would love one with my coffee right now!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Those muffins look fantastic, Suzy! I was looking forward to visiting your blog to see what's blooming too ;)

Hope you're feeling better too! I read your last Friday's post about now feeling well.

Cynthia said...

Blueberry muffins are my daughter's favorite. ... Need to give this one a try.

Suzy, the cup and saucer look very pretty ... are those mini or full-sized muffina?

Your marigolds say summer to me, AND I'm ready. Beautiful photos..

Suzy said...

Thanks everybody! These are great muffins. Susan so happy to see you back in the loop. Marsha those are regular sized muffins. Those are my fruit plates that remind me of Kathleens.

Carol said...

Great looking muffin, Suzy, definitely deserved a flashback! I wish I had one now!

Always pretty flowers! Glad you had a great week with Chase and Mira! So now you need a staycation from your vacation :)

Kathleen said...

Suzy, I checked here when I did my Foodie post and there wasn't anything up, so I took off my flashback!
Your muffins look great.
Mike is the muffin man, so I don't know if this is like the recipe he uses or not. He won't tell me the recipe..:)

Foley said...

Can't go wrong with blueberry muffins!! Warm with a dab of butter...perfect breakfast...

Love marigolds too - so bright and festive looking! Helps keeping some of the insects away also from what I hear... this year I am doing containers of the lemonhead ones! Still want to look for the lemon gem ones that Marsha talked about.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You just can't beat a good blueberry muffin!

Marsha said...

Great looking muffins and what a great variety of marigolds. I planted those vanilla ones for the first time this year after Jayne recommended them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin