Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flashback and Foodie Friday ~Kickoff to Summer Revisted



I had a little computer technical difficulties tonight, so doing a quickie Flashback for this Friday. A year ago I was grilling up some good looking stuff and participating in my friend Debbie from Mountain Breath's Kickoff to Summer event. Here's my post from last year where I give recipes for the Teriyaki chicken, Cilantro Pork Tenderloin and Crispy Asian Slaw with Peanut Sauce. The thing I didn't give a recipe for are the grilled potatoes that are so yummy. Probably because its very simple..no real recipe, but here goes:

Grilled Potatoes

Potatoes sliced, not too thin, not too thick
Olive Oil
Kosher salt

Toss potatoes with olive oil and salt. Grill potatoes over medium hot heat, flipping as necessary. Potatoes will take on a more translucent color when done. Test one if necessary..or even if not necessary! That's all :-)

Here's a bloom from that day. Randy has dubbed this Clematis Patiodoorius because its right outside our patio door :-)


If you've got a flashback of any kind please add your link below, then link back to me! It can be an old post, an old recipe, a cherished memory, any flashback of any kind will do!



I'm also joining in over at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. Go check out Michael Lee's foodie post and all of the other posts linked up. I know you'll find something you just have to make! Plus I think she's giving away a mixer!
Check it out HERE.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

The potatoes were the first thing that caught my eye, they look great-thanks!

Debbie said...

Yum....this all looks great! WE just did these potatoes yesterday...my favorite! The chicken looks so good!
Makes me hungry.
Debbie@houseatthelake

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I can't believe it's only 10 days until summer is officially here! Can we put the breaks on?

I do look forward to lots of outdoor grilling and everything on that plate looks fantastic!

Kathleen said...

I love Randy's name for the flower! He is a smart guy, must be the date of birth!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love potatoes any way shape or form!

Happy Foodie Friday, and thanks for allowing us to link up for your flashback.

:)
ButterYum

Carol said...

LOL, love the name Randy came up with!
The kickoff to summer looks great again :)

Foley said...

YUM!! I love grilling also - easier cleanup..lol

I think the name Patiodoorius is perfect for the clematis!! At least Randy is original!!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, the kickoff to summer brings back fond memories! And tell Randy, that is a fun name for the clematis. Have a nice weekend!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Love summer kick off! The kids are so excited to be out of school and I am excited not to be teaching them for the summer! I just linked up my apple baked oatmeal, my aunt used to make things like this when we stayed the weekend and it reminded me of her. It's not really summer related but it made ME flashback! Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin