Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flashback Friady ~Dreaming of Disney

Three years ago my husband and I went on a fun vacation to Disney World. We met up with my parents, a couple of my siblings and my niece and nephew. I would love to do a repeat one day! In the meantime I will do a little reminiscing.



We stayed at the Shades of Green which is the military resort on the Disney property. My Dad's retired and my brother is in the Guard so they were eligible to get rooms. Great location and great price! It backs up to a pretty wild area and we saw quite a bit of wild life just outside our room including wild turkeys! This little guy was a daily visitor and it looks like Randy better eat quick...


I love all of the parks, but I think Epcot is my fave. The stuff they do with flowers blows me away...like these super cute floating polka dots!


Its just a *Magical* place. How else could I eat lunch in Germany


Travel back in time to the birth of our country


Get lost in a miniature forest


Witness an unrehearsed bird mating ritual (or so I think)


And see how Mickey pumpkins are grown


All in the same day? Is it London...



Or is it subtropical Florida????



Although I'd been to Disney twice before, I had never visited Animal Kingdom. Another amazing place! The Tree of Life is central to the park and is truly a piece of art with carvings all around


The natural looking setting for the animals makes for excellent picture taking!


I don't know that I'll ever really go on a safari, but this is sure a fun place to pretend


And the animals just seem to perform on cue


The variety of birds at this park are amazing..love this little red guy


And let me not neglect the beautiful flowers


We also spent a day at MGM Disney


Where some cartoon characters escaped the film reel


And we had a quick side trip to San Francisco


And of course we hit the Magic Kingdom..here's a peek at Minnie's House


And I'd be remiss if I didn't show the famous castle


We spent a day at one of the water parks...sorry I will not be posting a pic of me in a bathing suit, but here's one of me at Downtown Disney..a little droopy from the heat and shopping! Thanks goodness I had Winnie to hold me up


Hope you enjoyed my little flashback. If you've got a flashback of any kind please add your link below and then link back to me in your post. It can be a memory, old recipe, picture, post, whatever!

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Suzy, I thoroughly enjoyed your Flashback ... you did a wonderful jog of hitting the highlights. Love the tiger picture; Disney does do a great job "displaying" the animals. We have a friend that stays at Shades of Green. What a deal! ... I remember your waterslide picture. It's so fun and joyful and you look adorable.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a fun place! I love Epcot the best and could spend all day there. I hope we can go back again one day. You look so cute with Pooh and friends :)

Carol said...

I love your flashback, Suzy, thanks for the tour. Haven't been to Disney World since they started to build just Epcot. and hats off to you, you are always smiling no matter what, love that picture :) Wouldn't catch me in a suit either! Great post!

Debbie said...

I've never been to Disney, so this tour was great! Thanks for taking me along on your flash back.
Fun.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, this is a wonderful post! I can feel the magic of you enjoying Disney with your family. I hope someday I will find the time to visit Epcot. We've been to Disney in FL and CA, but never to Epcot or the kingdom. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Anonymous said...

I posted a drink that should bring back memories to many.

Alisa-Foodista said...

It was wonderful that you shared this flashback! Your pictures are really good!

Marsha said...

This post had me wanting to go back to Disney too :) What a wonderful family trip this must have been.

Kathleen said...

I love Disney World. We have gone 5 times, saw Epcot, but it has been awhile.
I would love to go back..stay at the Grand Floridian...on the bucket list.
I didn't know they had a spot for military...that's neat!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin