Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flashback and Foodie Friday ~Garden Party



This weekend my online buddy Susan from Savoring Time in the Kitchen (July 18-19th) is having a virtual Garden Party. I'm hoping this will become a yearly event! A group of us online had one last year and it was fun sharing our gardens and are garden recipes. Since my weeks are usually busy and I get home late in the day I don't cook much worthy of sharing here on the blog, so on Fridays I do my flashback! I dig through my photos and take the lazy way out. This week I am reminiscing about last year's event. I hope it gets you just a tiny bit interested in stopping by and maybe participating in Susan's event. I know she'd love to have you!

So anyways...come into the garden and see what was up last year around this same time!


I had a little table set for two..VERY small party! And very casual dining....


I picked a little bouquet from around the yard for the table


So sit down and help yourself to some garden goodies!


Bruschetta with tomatoes, smoked salmon and feta


A Caprese style salad, with a basil sauce instead of the fresh leaves.


Roasted Veggie Salad


New Orleans Style Barbecued Shrimp...YUM!


And for dessert a fruit salad with a Honey Lime Yogurt Dressing


Wash it all down with a cool class of Pomegranate Lemonade


Be sure and come back this weekend for another Garden Party!


Please join Susan at Savoring Time in the Kitchen for a on July18th-19th. Share photos of your garden, garden-inspired table settings and garden fresh recipes!



I am also joining in on Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum. Go check out all of the great foodie posts!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks GREAT!!! Don;t know were to start. I just have to say YUMMY!!! Geri

Blue Creek Home said...

Wow, that is some beautiful spread.
Looks delicious.
Rhonda

Haden News said...

I really liked your party for two! What a beautiful pineapple fountain you have! Enjoy your weekend.

Cynthia said...

Suzy, I remember your party! It may have been small, but it's very pretty, and everything looks delicious. We love BBQ shrimp and yours looks perfect.

I love seeing your green dragonfly dishes and your pink cabbage bowls. They look so pretty together. And your yard looks fantastic.

Great flashback ... looking forward to your party this weekend.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely meal. Your pictures are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your party with us. Have a wonderful weekend.

♥peachkins♥ said...

mouthwatering array of food and great garden. Wow!I love everything in the photos!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That brings back great memories, Suzy! What a lovely setting you had. I'm going to get the Garden Party up and running just a wee bit but I had to come and see your beautiful post first ;)

Kathleen said...

I remember, Suzy! Your gardens are beautiful, and the food looks good!
Those lavender bowls you want me to add to your pile are new, Marigene sent them when she sent me the red and white dishes you want too! :)
I have never seen them in lavender, but they will work with lots of things I have..and it looks like you have pink ones!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, I remember your garden party for two and those wonderful BBQ shrimp.

I love anything with the dragonfly and I'm hoping that some day I will be able to find you dragonfly napkin rings like the ones I have. I always enjoy seeing photos of your yard.

Looking forward to your party this weekend!

Carol said...

I remember the party and those super looking shrimp:) the pom lemonade was a big hit. It all looks fantastic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin