Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday & Two Birthdays



I'm participating this week in Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Check out all of the gorgeous posts and link up your own if you have something Outdoorsy to share! This week I am going to share the awesome sunset we witnessed this 4th of July. These photos were taken at Brown's Point Lighthouse Park in Tacoma, Wa.

When we arrived the sun was still pretty high and there was a "Sundog" in the sky..see it to the right of the lighthouse? It looks like a little bright spot with a rainbow.



This was taken higher up the hill near the back of the Lighthouse Keeper's cottage, peeking through the apple trees.



As the sun began to set I knew it was going to be a gorgeous one.


There were just enough clouds to catch the colors.



I love the swirl in this one. Those are the Olympic Mountains you see in the distance.



When the reds started the sky looked like it was on fire! There was a big ship parked out there with it's lights twinkling.



It was the perfect evening..not hot but not too cool as it sometimes is near the water.



Today is a very special day because two of my best online buddies are celebrating their birthdays!!!!! Jayne is spending her birthday enjoying the sun in Florida. Check out her sweet blog A Grain of Salt when you get a chance! Carol spent her day cooking for a bunch of kiddies at summer camp....trust me..you'd love to be a kid in Miss Carol's cooking class! Go take a peek at her blog, There's Always Thyme to Cook to see what she's been doing in the kitchen. Carol and Jayne, here are a couple of banana splits to help you celebrate!

Jayne, I see this one as more your style (and Randy's). Classic and Timeless, and pretty as a picture!


Carol..this ones for you (and me). A little more over the top with a lot going on....and slightly melting....but oh so good!


Hope everyone will join me for more ice cream at the Ice Cream Social that I'm hosting here on my blog this weekend (July11-12th). Anything ice cream related will fit right in! Mr. Linky will be up on Friday night.



I'd also like to make mention of the cool & cute Cake Plate Give Away at Semi-Psycho Baker's blog. Go check it out...I know she'd love to have you visit!

26 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what beuatiful sunset shots you captured. They are postivitly breathtaking, and your ice cream shots aren't too shabby either. YUM-O! What is this I keep hearing about ice cream socials??? I have a Tablecape/Foodie post I plan on posting for this week. If someone will let me know about the social, I would love to hook up there, too.

Thanks and Happy Outdoor Wednseday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, it's been a while since I saw a beautiful sunset and you have captured it wonderfully. The colors are just magical! Love those ice cream shots for the birthday gals, and I am looking forward to the ice cream social.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Ooooh what lovely photos! Thank-you so much for sharing them with us.

Marsha said...

I love a good sunset but my favorites are the ones shot over water. Your shots are gorgeous, I just love how the colors reflect into the water.

Love the banana splits with personality! Looking forward to your event.

Sue said...

Hi Suzy,
You did a wonderful job of capturing the sunset, I so enjoyed them, thank you for sharing.
Sue

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures, I loved the colors in the sunsets. Beautiful

Cynthia said...

the comparisons to Jayne and Carol. Love it!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Suzy! You did a great job with the pictures. They are breath taking. I someday would love to visit a lighthouse. It is wonderful to stand in awe at what the lightkeeper sees every day and night and know that NO two days are the same. Beautiful, so beautiful. I have signed up to follow your BLOG. So much to see. Pleas stop by and say hi. I would love to have you follow my BLOG as well. Country Hugs, Sherry

Foley said...

Suzy - the sunset photos are gorgeous..the lighting is perfect..

The banana splits are really calling to me!! lol Can't wait to see everyones concoctions this weekend!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

love the outdoor photo but I love the picture of the banana split more..

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great photos - beautiful sunsets. That banana split does not look to shabby either. :)
Glenda

Nancy Rosalina said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! Yummy Banana Split! Nancy

stefanie said...

your photos are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. the sky is amazing

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Gorgeous shots! I love when there are just enough clouds at sunset to set the sky on fire like that. Thanks for sharing.

Christi

Unknown said...

Gorgeous sunset photos!

Those banana splits look divine! I haven't had one since I was a kid.

Printersdevil said...

Great photos. I can't wait for the Ice Cream Social.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What wonderful images you captured. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Have a great day.

Carol said...

Your pictures are so beautiful but you really got me with that ice cream sundae! You know us so well, perfect choices :) thanks for the good wishes, Suzy!

Lori E said...

Glad you stopped by. I have been to Tacoma and loved the old buildings downtown. Us West Coasters, Canadian and US have the best scenery don't we.

Kathy Walker said...

Beautiful sunsets...so peaceful. The banana splits make my mouth water. See you this week end at the social!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Gorgeous photos! Beautiful sky. Love the sunset. laurie

Kathleen said...

Blogging is so educational..getting to see things I will never see in person..
Beautiful pictures, Suzy..
And the ice cream for the Bday gals looks delicious!

A Grain of Salt said...

Hi Suzy! Too much relaxing and celebrating and I got here a little late. Wow, I just love the banana split birthday wishes! Thank you! Your sunset pics are really terrific.

Becky K. said...

That sunset is great! It has been a good year for them...here in PA anyway. But, I don't have all of that gorgeous water to make it so stunning.

Great job!

Becky K
Hospitality Lane

Kat said...

I love sunset photos, and a sunset over the water is just perfection. These are really beautiful! I love the last 2 in particular - red sky at night... Thanks for sharing. Kathy

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Gorgeous sunset photos, Suzy! Those sundaes looks scrumptious too :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin