Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flashback Friday ~Raspberry Ice Cream


As a plug for my Ice Cream Social the weekend of July 16&17th I am flashing back to a recipe I did for my 2009 Social. This no cook ice cream was delicious and makes me wish my raspberries were ripe already! It's going to be a good crop this year. Can't wait!



Fresh Raspberry Ice Cream (No-Cook) Adapted from a Southern Living recipe

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk

2 tablespoons sugar

1 Tbls Lemon Juice

Pinch of salt

1/2 cups whole milk

16oz Fresh berries

4 oz dark chocolate, cut into chunks

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes.

POUR mixture into freezer container of a 1 -quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)

REMOVE container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, mix in chocolate and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 tO 1½ hours.

*****************************************************************

Sneaking in a garden flashback too. This zinnia always reminds me of a peppermint ice cream cone! I've got some seedlings started of this variety and hope to see some blooms later in the summer


I you have a flashback that you'd like to share add your link below!


All Ice Cream related posts are welcome!



Joining in for
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Weekend Cooking at Beth Fish Reads
Flaunt You Flowers at Tootsie Time
These Chicks Cooked Linky Party at This Chick Cooks and
Fat Camp Friday at Mangoes and Chutney
Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies

22 comments:

pam said...

Yay, it's time for the ice cream social again!!!

Darla said...

Recipe looks yummy and I love the peppermint zinnia with the visitor.

Kathy Walker said...

My recipe is a flashback today, also. Oldies but goodies are sometimes the very best! Your ice cream looks wonderful!

Marigene said...

Raspberries are my favorite. That bowl of ice cream looks delectable, the recipe easy, but best of all I have everything on hand. I just bought some raspberries the other day and wondered what I would do with them...
Have a great weekend, Suzy!

Bridget@bulbblog.com said...

Just happened upon your site through Blotanical.com. Love the layout and design of your blog...I'm bookmarking it for future reference!

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

The raspberry ice cream looks fantastic! And such a pretty zinnia! I'm looking forward to your Ice Cream Social again, and so I added a link to my post from last year's Ice Cream Social for your flashback.

Shirley @ The Gardening LIfe said...

That icecream recipe looks so good. Now to find my ice cream maker that has been in storage for years!

Tootsie said...

that bloom looks like candies!!! I love the speckles!
Thanks for linking in and sharing your flaunt today!!! I always love seeing all the pretties everyone shares! Have a great weekend friend

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Oh my goodness! That ice cream sounds fantastic with the chocolate chunks. I really want an ice cream maker to make delicious recipes like this one. I'd love for you to come by and show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
Katie

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

I have to try this! Perfect combination, and i am an ice cream junkie, so that does not help. Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, enjoy your weekend and see you next time! http://bit.ly/mTxy7l

tinyskillet said...

This ice cream looks beautiful, you can't get good raspberry ice cream just anywhere! I love your blog here and nice combination!

Karen said...

Oh, what a luscious-looking ice cream. If I had an ice cream maker, I'd be in serious trouble, it's all I'd eat!

Love the peppermint zinnia, too!

Susan said...

Wow - this looks & sounds delicious! We just made a Raspberry-Champagne Sorbet, but I'd love to try this next!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'm working on my ice cream recipe right now :) Your raspberry ice cream looks so good!

Peaceful Reader said...

This recipe would make my children very happy! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I have not made ice cream in a looong time. It's time to take my ice cream maker out of the storage and get cracking. Thanks for the recipe, I will sure try it. It looks delicious!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Your raspberry ice cream looks delicious! I'll be joining your ice cream social!

Beth F said...

If I remember, I'll join your ice cream social. I haven't made ice cream in a couple of years, but I have my machine's freezer container in the freezer ready to go.

TheBookGirl said...

Raspberry and dark chocolate is yummy!

That zinnia is amazingly beautiful...I don't believe I've ever seen one in that coloration.
Peppermint ice cream is one of my favorites :)

Foley said...

The raspberry ice cream looks yummy! Cool zinnia...

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

I'm trying to decide what to make for your ice cream social, Suzy. I'm in the mood for something really rich and chocolatey. Your raspberry ice cream looks pretty darn delicious. Maybe I'll combine the two. See you then!

Joy Weese Moll said...

That looks like a terrific recipe -- love your zinnia, too. And thanks for the invite to the ice cream social. That will inspire me to get something made this week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin