Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mosaic Monday ~Ice Cream Colors 2011 & Instant Ice Cream

A few things I have blooming at the moment.


As a preview and yet another shameless plug for my upcoming Ice Cream social, I couldn't resist trying this recipe for 5 minute Ice Cream when I came across it. That's not much longer than it takes to walk from the couch to the freezer :-) The consistency is like soft serve if you eat it right away. After freezing it hardens up a bit.

I loved it! Very full berry taste like sorbet but extra creamy. I think next time I try this, I will freeze the blender pitcher for a while before making to assist in the cooling process. I imagined it would have had more of a pastel "ice cream" color but its pretty bold!

5 Minute Ice Cream


Adapted from this recipe on Allrecipes

Ingredients
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen fruit (I used last season's blackberries)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup heavy cream

Directions
  • Combine the frozen berries and sugar in a food processor or blender. Process until the fruit is roughly chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour in the heavy cream until fully incorporated. Serve immediately, or freeze for up to one week.
Could there be anything easier?!

Hope this inspires you to whip up something even if its quick and come to the Ice Cream Social next weekend, July 16th& 17th! Any ice cream related post is welcome - even if its just ice cream dishes or a memory you have of a favorite ice cream treat! I'll have the linky up Saturday by 10am PST.



Joining in for Mosaic Monday at Little Red House

12 comments:

Maggie said...

Such a shameless plug for your Ice Cream Social, but I love it!!
Lovely mosaic and an easy sounding recipe, just what we need to get in the mood for the party.
See you there,
Maggie

Kelli said...

The ice cream recipe sounds simple and looks delicious. I've just added heavy cream and frozen berries to my shopping list. Thanks, Kelli

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Great shameless plug, Suzy. Instant ice cream looks fantastic!
Such beautiful flowers, too!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Yum on the ice cream. Love that mosaic of the pastels. At this time of summer, everything is so bright. It is nice to have some whites and light pastels to rest the eyes on...pretty!

Vee said...

Beautiful mosaic...you can go right on shamelessly plugging anything with colors and posies like that.

That recipe sounds so delicious and easy that I might have to try it.

Anonymous said...

The blowsy blooms in your blog header are gorgeous... as is your mosaic...Hav never made ice cream but that is easy and quick! Thank you


veronica
www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

Rettabug said...

Gosh, Suzy...I don't know which I like better...your beautiful flowers or that RIDICULOUSLY easy ice cream recipe!! Thanks for sharing both.

fondly,
Rett

Søren said...

I learned this recipe years ago and it's always a hit with dinner party guests, visiting kids, myself after a bad day or - indeed - anybody else who has the slightest inclination towards ice cream.

If you make it with raspberries alone it turns hot pink, with mangoes it turns a soft yellow, with blueberries a soft (slightly odd) mauve... I love it!

The French Hutch said...

Suzy, i love your header, the beautiful flowers in the container. and the window in the background. So lovely. Your mosaic is made up of such gorgeous flowers. Your gardens must be lovely. Thanks for the 5 minute ice cream recipe. This sounds delicious. I'm going to try this..........

~Emily
The French Hutch

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love the ice cream colored flowers and great idea for a quite frozen treat.

Terri Steffes said...

Ooo, I am glad you did the plug to help remind me! I have a recipe that even is more simple than your five minute recipe!

I can't wait for you to see it!

bj said...

Well, I can't wait to see what TERRI has that is simpler than your 5 min. recipe. :))

I just noticed you aren';t putting up Linky until in the morning. I am going to be gone most of the weekend, off and on, so if I don't link with you THIS time, maybe next.
Hope you have a fabulous party...:)
xoxo bj

Blog Widget by LinkWithin