Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Friday - A Black Tie Affair




Last April I first made a new delicious recipe called Black Thai Pork. It's one that both Randy and I really enjoyed so it's made a couple of reappearances since then. The ingredient list may surprise you a little, but it makes for a very tasty dish.




Black Thai Pork
I believe this is originally from the National Pork Board

4 boneless pork chops, cut into stir-fry strips
1 cup salsa OR picante sauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted if desired
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
3 cups hot cooked cellophane noodles or rice

For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine salsa, peanut butter, soy
sauce, vinegar, molasses and water. Bring to boiling, stirring often.
Keep warm.

Meanwhile, in a plastic or paper bag combine chili powder, ginger,
garlic salt and pepper. Add pork strips; shake until pork is coated
with spice mixture.

In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook and
stir pork strips for 2 to 3 minute or until cooked through.

Spoon the sauce onto individual plates. Arrange the pork strips on
top of sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seed, then top with green onions.
Serve with noodles or rice.


I'm hoping my yard looks like this again in a couple of weeks! We're getting close....just need a little sunshine to kickstart things. They are promising a little this weekend so keeping my fingers crossed.









Here are some more great Flashbacks:
1. Carol at There's Always Thyme to Cook
2. Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen
3. Marsha at Marsha's Kitchen
4. Jayne at A Grain of Salt
5. Susan at Savoring Time in the Kitchen
6. Barb at Foley's Follies

6 comments:

Foley said...

Suzy - I was surprised at some of the ingred. especially the peanut butter and molasses! Looks really good and filling...love those lucious tomatoes on th side!

I'm hoping to for the flowers...maybe after the snow tomorrow!! ;(

Carol said...

Looks delicious, Suzy, I remember this one!

I love the flowers, especially that last pic, very cool looking.

Kathleen said...

Yes, the last pic...so pretty..
And the pork sounds delicious too..making me hungry!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I remember when you first shared this one also, Suzy :) I really need to try it! So many recipes, so little time - LOL.

I wish I could grow ranunculus. I absolutely love them. I just bought some small plants of ranunculus to enjoy indoors.

A Grain of Salt said...

Suzy, how did I miss this before? It looks delicious! Gosh, you have the prettiest flowers!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Suzy, does the peanut butter give it the flavor of something like peanut dipping sauce you I've tried on chicken? This sounds very good.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin