Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Flashback and Foodie Friday ~ Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies


Time for another Flashback Friday! I dug way back to September 2007 for this one. I really would love to make some of these great cookies right NOW! They are so chockful of all kinds of goodies. I will just dream about them instead. Less calories!!! But for the rest of you I wholeheartedly recommend them :-)



Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
from Cookie Madness
I'd like to subtitle these "Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies"!

About 30 cookies
1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup toasted pecans
1/2 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 350 degrees if you’d like softer cookies.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture until well blended. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, pecans and coconut until evenly distributed. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven for a chewy cookie or 14 minutes for a firmer cookie.
Cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack. Cool completely and then store in tightly sealed container.

Suzy’s note: I tried these with a cup of raisins along with the other additions. Over the top on the add ins, but Randy likes raisins. I also had to cook 3 minutes longer in my gas oven.


Around that same time I was baking these cookies, the dahlias were going strong in my fall garden.







Be sure and check out the other Flashback Friday posts at
Kathleen's Cuisine Kathleen
Jayne's A Grain of Salt
Carol's There's Always Time to Cook
Debbie's Mountain Breaths and
Susan's Savoring Time in the Kitchen

This is also my entry for Foodie Friday! Go check out the fabulous posts at Designs by Gollum who hosts the potluck. I guarantee you will get some great recipes out of it!

20 comments:

The Bloom Girls said...

We are big cookie eaters in my house! These look wonderful. Love the flowers, they are stunning!

Blessings to you!

Karyn

Wanda..... said...

I'm dreaming about these cookies too...they must be very tasty...years ago I tried a similar recipe...it was called Healthy Nut Cookies...only because of the addition of mashed bananas!:)

Martha said...

What great cookies. Cookies never last long at Linderhof!

Crystal said...

First time to visit your blog. Great cookie recipe, would have to omit the coconut at my house though. I like it the kids don't? Love the dahlias.

Thanks for sharing!
thehummingbirdcottag.blogspot.com

Marsha said...

I could use one of those cookies for breakfast ;) The dahlias are breathtaking, especially the last one! I remember you added some new from the garden show this year and can't wait to see their blossoms this fall.

Thibeault's Table said...

If I wasn't working today, I'd be baking cookies. Wish I could reach through the screen. One of your cookies would be perfect with my morning coffee.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Oh my, those sound wonderful, Suzy! If I werent' trying to loose a few from all the birthday parties we've had recently I'd make them in a heartbeat. I will copy and paste the recipe and save it so I can make them later, though :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I forgot to add - GORGEOUS dahlias!

Candy said...

Scrumptious cookies and blooms!
Cheers, Candy

Cynthia said...

Ohhh, Suzy, I made those cookies a while back. They're really good. I've gotten lots of good recipes from Cookie Madness. .... Martha sent out a similar type of cookie recipe yesterday.

Great Flashback and Foodie Friday. The dahlias are gorgeous. I love the orderly and organized look of their petals...so appealing.

imjacobsmom said...

Grampa's getting a new variation on his favorite oatmeal cookies....Robyn

Unknown said...

The cookies look yummy!

The flowers are beautiful!

Carol said...

Gorgeous flowers, Suzy, and those cookies take the cake! They have everything great in there! All I'd need is a big glass of ice cold milk! Great post!

Nice Foodie Friday! I love your Flashback Fridays! Always fun!

Kathleen said...

I remember those..they look so good, as does your pretty flower!
Another Flashback Fri...where does the time go?

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Suzy, I am making these cookies to take on our upcoming trip to Vermont! Perfect for the trip. Your dahlias are amazing.

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

These cookies remind me of cowboy cookies. Which my friend and I would make...30 years ago. I could never make them as well as she did. The aroma never failed to draw the men out of the woodwork! Which was our intention but we never told them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Funny thing...my cooking still draws the men out of the woodwork...my hubby and my son's.

Please come by for a visit. I'd enjoy the company.
Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Suzy said...

Thanks everybody! These ARE really great. Debbie I think they would make perfect travelling cookies.

Kathleen it does seem like Friday comes around quickly but that makes me HAPPY!!!!

Carol yes..a glass of milk MMMMM

Cynthia, I agree that Cookie Madness has some great offerings.

Marsha I have eaten my share for breakfast :-)

Welcome Crystal!

Wanda there are really healthy things in these cookies lol. I like that take on them :-)

Susan I know what you mean! That's why I'm just flashing back and not baking them.

Ann thanks for stopping by. With coffee sounds like a plan too!


Karyn, Martha, Candy, Robyn and Carrie thanks for stopping by. Do give these a chance..you won't regret it!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Wonderful! I'll swap you cookie recipes. I recently posted one of my favorite little cookie recipes. Come on over and copy it for yourself.~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Foley said...

These look so good - would definitely need a cold glass of milk to make it perfect!!

A Grain of Salt said...

Suzy, oh, those would go over very well here. They sound so good! Pretty flowers always!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin