Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love It or Hate It?


When I was growing up it seems like we only ate liver when my Dad wasn't home..at least that's my memory! My Dad says he remembers it otherwise! Once I grew up and moved out I only ate liver in restaurants where I was lucky enough to find it on the menu. Usually at a truckstop or diner. But now I have someone to cook it for that likes it as much as me (Randy and Jigs), so I try to make it regular..maybe once a month. It's been a while longer than that though since I last had it and it was high time!! So do you love it or hate it? We love it with grilled onions, bacon and mashed potatoes.








Mother nature did a little April Fools on us this morning and we got a little snow! We are so behind from where we were this time 2 years ago when I had these beautiful daffodils blooming on April 1st. Soon though..very soon we will have caught up.

8 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I also have memories of being served liver as a child. We hated it! But our parents loved it :-)

Suzy, those sure are pretty little daffodils. Hope your weather improves soon!

Cynthia said...

Suzy, add me to the list of those that like it. That is if it is prepared like I had it as a child. I like it sliced very thin at the butcher's , grilled, and with the onions grilled to dark brown.

A nearby diner that is now closed fixed the best liver and onions. Sadly they closed about 5 years ago.

Funny how you and your dad have different memories... that seems pretty typical in families. :)

Marsha said...

I liked it with onions when I was young but the first pregnancy took care of that...don't even have an interest in trying it again after 30 years.

That said...I'll take the bacons & mashed potatoes...they look great!

Kathleen said...

That is exactly how my mom made it!
HATE IT! But my sister loves it, and orders it if it happens to be on the menu when we go out!

I would have peanut butter and jelly rather than that!

But it is good for you, iron in your blood?

Foley said...

I LOVE the smell of it cooking with all the onions..but HATE the taste! Mom would only fix it for her and Dad..none of us kids could stand it!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Love it! Especially with the bacon and onions. When I was growing up I didn't, though. Whenever I made a whole chicken the liver is the first thing I eat. I was lucky enough to eat at an authentic Serbian restaurant recently and they had chicken livers and onions on the menu. Guess what I ordered?

A Grain of Salt said...

I remember my Mom making it too... I didn't like it and have no desire to try it. Good that you and Randy both like it. Pretty daffodils... hope your weather gets on track soon!

Carol said...

I used to love it! Haven't had it years! Yours looks good. wow, now you'll have me craving that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin